With the exception of “guest posts” written by others (see the bottom of this page), I own the content on this Web site. It is copyrighted in my name. The following Permissions Policy is intended to strike the right balance between getting my content widely distributed while at the same time protecting my intellectual property rights.
Without My Permission
Here’s what you are free to do without my permission:
- Link to my site or any specific post on my site.
- Extract and re-post less than 200 words on any other site, provided you link back to my original post.
- Print off my posts and photocopy up to 50 copies for internal distribution within your own company or organization.
- Print my posts in any non-commercial publication (e.g., company newsletter, class syllabus, etc.), provided you include this copyright notice: “©2015 Jackson Dean Chase. All rights reserved. Originally published at www.jacksondeanchase.com.”
Not Without My Permission
You must have my express written consent to do any of the following:
- Use this content for commercial purposes, including (but limited to) selling or licensing printed or digital versions of my content.
- Alter, transform, or build upon this work.
IMPORTANT: I am not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without my permission. I have no way to verify that such content has not been altered.
Re-posting and Translation Rights
I do not permit the re-posting of my posts in their entirety. This is because Google penalizes websites for publishing duplicate content. It often can’t tell which site hosts the original, so I risk getting penalized myself for granting permission.
In addition, I don’t allow the translation and publication of my work in other languages. I simply don’t have the resources to validate the quality of the work.
Guest bloggers retain the copyright to the posts they write. The above permission guidelines do not apply to their work. If you are interested in re-posting or publishing their content, you must contact them directly. I cannot serve as a broker, agent, or contact point.
If you have some use for my content that is not covered here, please contact me via email at jackson AT jacksondeanchase DOT com (note that you must remove the spaces and turn the “AT” into an @ symbol and the “DOT” into a period, or I will not receive your email). Or, use the Contact form at the bottom of this site’s Home page.